Up At 3 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
When I turned the lights off he was on the tile, heard some movement throughout the night and finally went to go check on him and I see him wide awake on his log underneath his CHE, which I accidentally left on, however I'm not too sure thats the reason for him being wide awake in the middle of the night.

I turned the lights off at 10 PM. Theres no other lights on in the room to have him possibly think its daytime. Only light is coming from my computer which he can't even see from where he is and its quite dim anyway.

Since I'll be up all night I figured i might as well take him out and see if he'll sleep in the blankets on my bed. Seems to be working but not entirely, usually when i take him out for him to sleep on my bed for a bit after lights go off he almost immediately goes to sleep after snuggling up against my leg.

I'm doubting this is normal, as beardies are generally day dwelling reptiles....

89510-667009145.jpg
89510-2648412758.jpg

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
Aw, what a pretty boy. Do you know what the temps in his cage are with the CHE on? Is there a chance the heat at night might be stimulating? That’s definitely puzzling.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I believe it was 105 on the basking log, but thats if he goes up right close to the top which he was, the rest of the log was around 90-95 with everywhere around it being 80-85 and the cool side being 70.
It is quite puzzling as I have left it on a few nights before however he always was asleep.

He's also still awake despite being in complete darkness snuggled in the blankets.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I have happened to observe all my beardies over the years often being active well after their lights were turned off , and even when the room was quite dimly lit at 2am and 3am with me watching something on the laptop or reading or internetting 6ft away . Even my hatchlings were often wide awake and looking snacks ( rogue crickets who were to be found raiding greens and veg ).

My bluetongues also have late night / early morning drinks and often craw about. As do the water skinks.

I've also observed wild dragons visiting lit up places (presumeably after the insects) and the resident wild water skinks have at times been seen on top of the lounge at 10pm or 11pm.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well he finally went to sleep 30 minutes ago or so, hopefully he doesn't mind the lights coming on in a few hours. I know I get annoyed when I finally go to sleep and then get woken up a few hours later.

Im glad it seems to be somewhat normal for them to do this occasionally, I was pretty worried since he's in the darkest portion of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom