Train Beardie to like blankets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, sorry for all my questions.

Is there a way to train my beardie to like blankets? A lot of people say their beardie likes to be cozy in blankets. I would like to get in the habit of giving him a bath and placing him in a blanket/towl while I clean his cage. Right now, no matter what I do, he will NOT stay in a blanket unless my hand is in - with him.

thank you

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
It's a matter of putting the dragon to bed wrapped in or on the blanket (old t-shirt in my case) when it's been warmed up (by wrapping beardie in it when it's ready to sleep or very relaxed / snuggling every day).

They get habituated to it and get their scent on it, no washing it unless it's been soiled.

Just takes a little bit of time.

Regarding baths -- unnecessary for a bearded dragon unless it's soiled itself. Of cause if your dragon really enjoys the experience of having a bath / soak / swim / splash in a luke warm bath, it's fine to endulge it occasionally.

sparrowstune

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":uwo5zscq said:
It's a matter of putting the dragon to bed wrapped in or on the blanket (old t-shirt in my case) when it's been warmed up (by wrapping beardie in it when it's ready to sleep or very relaxed / snuggling every day).

They get habituated to it and get their scent on it, no washing it unless it's been soiled.

Regarding baths -- unnecessary for a bearded dragon unless it's soiled itself. Of cause if your dragon really enjoys the experience of having a bath / soak / swim / splash in a luke warm bath, it's fine to endulge it occasionally.

Thank you for the reply! I will warm up his blanket!

As far as the bath, he “HATES” getting misted. I mist him twice a day and make sure his veggies are wet. Sometime they are dripping wet and he totally doesn’t mind. Would that alone be ok?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
sparrowstune":7mg9pbfj said:
kingofnobbys":7mg9pbfj said:

As far as the bath, he “HATES” getting misted.
<<< DO YOU like cold showers ?
<<< so try luke warm water for the misting , maybe 35 degC .

I mist him twice a day and make sure his veggies are wet. Sometime they are dripping wet and he totally doesn’t mind. Would that alone be ok?
I never bother misting the greens , so long as they are fresh and washed under tap and not dried they'll be fine.

sparrowstune

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":8je86u2i said:
sparrowstune":8je86u2i said:
kingofnobbys":8je86u2i said:

I mist him twice a day and make sure his veggies are wet. Sometime they are dripping wet and he totally doesn’t mind. Would that alone be ok?
I never bother misting the greens , so long as they are fresh and washed under tap and not dried they'll be fine.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try that.

sparrowstune

Original Poster
sparrowstune":1zeekj48 said:
kingofnobbys":1zeekj48 said:
sparrowstune":1zeekj48 said:
kingofnobbys":1zeekj48 said:

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try that.

Yes, I “HATE” cold shower. So I’m SURE he doesn’t either. That’s why I warm his water.

Thanks for the advice!!! I will try outside his viv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom