Climbing Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironclaw

My new baby beardie has been hanging out on the top of my enclosure wall ever since I got him, three days ago, and is refusing to come down to eat the dusted x-small dubias I offer him. He ate about ten on the first day and two yesterday. I'm starting to get a little worried about him. Is there anything I should do?
97044-1883326397.jpg
97044-2441724139.jpg
97044-8672274169.jpg

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
If he's being just fussy, he'll come down when he wants to. Maybe bribe him with say a horn or wax worm. You could maybe trying putting his Food into one of those magnetic ledges for arboreal geckos.

Ironclaw

Original Poster
I already took the background down, but he's definitely a lot more active, especially climbing all of the sticks that I added, and is starting to get used to it. Still having trouble getting him to eat, but he's warming up to that too. I'm in the process of getting a new background, is it ok if I temporarily use cardboard?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I put the rock background on the outside of the tank in the back, I used some Velcro stick on strips.
83443-2638382213.jpg

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
I think cardboard would be fine. However, if you are getting it in a couple days, don't bother. He seems fine with that the sticks. Another question, what UVB bulb are you using? Lastly, does he just play on it or does he actually bask up there? If he's basking up there, maybe you can provide something in the tank so that he can get to the distance he likes.

Ironclaw

Original Poster
I'm using a 10.0 UVB T5 HO Reptisun bulb and he's happy with the changes that i've made to the enclosure!

Sylvia

I think he is there because it is the point where he takes more heat.
Do you have checked the temperature in the varius point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom