Worried about my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I done up my beardies tank on Wednesday. I put a new shelf in it, moved the shelf he’s used to and added a rock to it. Since then he’s been under the shelf not moving at all. Barely even lifting his neck and when he did once it was bloated but not black or because he was angry/scared. Then he wiggled in the spot he’s in but didn’t move otherwise and I’m worried the wiggling is a sing that he can’t move? Maybe he’s hurt? He’s letting me pet him but he’s not sleeping or anything during the day just lying there with his eyes open and wasn’t interested in food yesterday either. He could be stressed about the new surroundings? Please offer any advice you can give. Thanks so much.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, beardies can be very sensitive to any changes in their home. If you get too concerned just pull him out + check him over . [ To ease your mind ] Other than that, the upgrades we make to their " territory " can cause them a bit of stress at times, he'll be fine.

Can you post pics ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG

Staceythorn

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. It’s relaxed me a bit. What about the wriggling though? The longer he’s under there the less heat/uvb he’s getting. Here are some pics
92065-3900587834.jpg
92065-2241404462.jpg
92065-3162372494.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The wriggling is just him snuggling in. :) And sometimes they get in a spot and feel like doing the slow down, almost a brumation. He's grown + he'll be fine with no uvb. BTW, is that a red light or just how it looks ?

dezismom

Juvie Member
good to hear! They can really throw a fit when we change their environment...but your new tank set up looks really nice.

luke1717

My female beardie, around 10 months keeps puffing her body and hear beard as if she is choking but her throat is clear? Any help?

Staceythorn

Original Poster
That usually means their freightened or feel threatened especially when they bloat their bodies, a black beard can mean many things, when does she do this like any particular times or when you or her are doing something etc?

dezismom

Juvie Member
There are many things that cause beardie puffing...excitement, stress, illness, sexual development, being unhappy, wanting to get out, wanting to be held, an itchy beard, fear,...you must first carefully analyze the beardie for any signs of illness or stress, and her environment for any needs there. To know what is causing this, we need a better description of her, and her vivarium set up, to be sure she has the correct heat, UVB, and so many other factors. Is her beard puffing up and turning black? That is generally a bad sign, and needs addressing quickly. Is her appetite normal? Could you please post pictures of her while she is puffing, and her environment?

luke1717

Hi i have had her since monday and today she has been fine really active climbing around and basking and also ate her normal portion of food, but yesterday she was being a little weird which is why i wrote that post, i had a 3 year old beardie a few years ago but sadly had to give him to a new home due to family circumstances, but she seems very relaxed today, it may just be that its a new surrounding so she may just need to settle in, thanks for the reply guys i was just a little worried!

luke1717

She was just doing it again, she is shedding though if that has anything to do with it, but this time her beard was not black, she is rubbing herself all over the vivarium so is puffing her body and beard a way of helping her shed? Thanks, and i dont know how to insert a pic haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom