Closing one eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQontrol

Hello,

My bearded dragon has woken after long period of hibernating... Somthing I recognized after woken again, sometimes only have one eye open. I don’t think he did that before. But he can open it, ex: when he is on the hunt for insects the eyes are both open.

Is this normal behavior?

There are no sign of anything in he’s eyes, they are both clear.

But when he was hibernating, I have change the bulb to a new and different one. The new basking bulb is now a all in one instead of af normal basking spot bulb. Can that have aomething to say?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be a piece of shed around the eye causing irritation but if you don't see that, it could just be relaxing and closing an eye while basking. The new light could be irritating but I don't think that's too likely if the light is mounted directly overhead and is at an appropriate distance for the bulb. Which bulb/wattage did you get?

NoQontrol

Original Poster
The light is mounted directly overhead... I'm using Komodo Solar D3 Basking bulb (All i one) 80W.
Distance to the bulb is around 18cm, unfortunately i can't raise it higher due the hight off the tank.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As far as I know, Komodo makes some pretty nice quality stuff. I don't have any test results for their mercury vapor bulb so I'm not sure about the exact distances. 18cm seems reasonable for a bulb of that strength given the results from others though. If it's overhead and it's easy to move away from I doubt it's causing an issue.

NoQontrol

Original Poster
No problem for him to move away from the light. The light is only in one end of the tank.
I will keep on monitoring him then, and see if there are happening anything else to him and eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom