Semi brumation # 2 question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Hello all,

Gretchen has officially gone into a semi brumation state this started about 2-3 weeks or so ago. She had been eating a little bit but as of this past Sunday (when she only ate 3 crickets and will NOT touch the greens no matter what i do lol) has not wanted to touch anything. Has been in her hut everyday (see picture)
93727-5472066589.jpg
does wake up when she hears me open the door to her enclosure to take temp readings and see if shes still alive lol but that's about it.
SO I've got that covered. my question is the following. her last poop was last Saturday the 7th. Last meal was Sunday the 15th. So shes going strong on day 12 without a bowel movement. Warm baths just don't seem to be working lately (I've given her 3 since Sunday). I'm just curious do i keep trying every few days to get her to go 1 last poop or since shes not fully in a deep brumation leave her be and do baths every week until shes back to normal?

Her temps are great on both ends, i keep it at roughly 80 on the cool end at night.
Today i removed her hut (and she was NOT happy about it lol
93727-4272087226.jpg
) so she can get a little UVB and heat in hopes that tonight she'll go #2.
She's parasite FREE and weighed in last night a whopping 387 grams!!

:) Thx
Krista

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Don't worry about the poop. When they slow their systems for brumation it halts their appetite and their poop - the entire system. She should return to normal when she wakes back up. Don't force a poop but give her an opportunity to go and have a drink when you weigh her. Otherwise I'd just let her be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom