Juvi handeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRkorey

So my beardi has been home for 2 weeks this upcoming Saturday. I was wondering about some techniques for handling. He is still so skittish with me idk why. He allows me to pet him but doesn’t seem to wanna come on my hand at all. Maybe I’m impatient. I won’t go after him and try and grab him but he seems to not wanna come on my hand at all. He will either run away a little bit or duck his body down. I’m afraid he won’t wanna be handled :( he is still new to his surroundings I get that but just looking for some advice

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
It's important to remember that bearded dragons are lizards, not dogs. It takes a long time for them to come to your hand for handling — if they ever do. Each also has its own personality, and some are more sociable than others.

Try luring him to your hand with a treat like a hornworm or a piece of fruit. When you attempt handling, approach him from the side (where he can see you), not from above (like a predator). Whatever you do, don't force the issue. If he's running away, don't chase him. Try again another day. Taming takes time and patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom