Grumpy beardie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penthomas85

Hi, I'm new to this site so I hope I'm posting this in the rite forum. My beardie, rango, is 9 months old, always been brilliant to handle but last few days it's as if he's in a stinking mood, hes got a slight black beard,which is normally always bright Orange, and he's slightly puffed up, whenever I go to get him out or put my hand in the viv he's really twitchy, which is not like him, he did bite me 2 days ago (1st time ever) but I had a new bright red nail varnish on, I thought may b that was y as it was my nail he bite, so i took the varnish off but hes still the same. It's as if he doesn't want me to touch him, he shed just before Xmas an eatting fine, if anything he's probably eatyin more, and pooing fine. My question is do I leave him to settle for a few days as he's clearly not happy about somethin, and im guessing it cud b hormone related, but then wud not handling him make the whole situation worse, or do I just try and get him out and hope he perks up once out. I don't want to force him out if he's clearly showing signs that he doesn't want to. Any advice did b much appreciated xx

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is at an age where hormones could be playing a role in his foul mood. If that's the case there isn't much to do except give him space if that's what he seems to want. If he is energetic try to let him roam around a bit etc. How is his appetite? Has he been losing any weight? Can you post some photos of him and his setup? If you would like me to review your lighting and temps I'd be glad to do so. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom