Male Acting Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My male Samug has been acting nuts for the last week or so. His beard is black all the time, and he's headbobbing. If he sees one of the females it gets worse. Is it too early for breeding season, and if it is, do I wait until spring to breed them?

EDIT: Also, one of the females seemed to be encouraging the behavior, headbobbing back at him.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He should not be in view of the females as it will really stress him out continuously. Would be a good ideas to block his view of them.

How old are your beardies? Have you bred any of them in the past?

Sierradragon

Original Poster
My male is about 3, females are 2. I've beard of of them in the past. Their cages are in a tower formation, so the only time he sees of the the females is if they're running around. Even if there's no female in sight he headbobs.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you're trying to breed them I'd say the season is whenever they're ready to do so and you have the capability to handle the fertilized eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom