Randomly attacked the carpet?? Please give me some imput lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our lil friend Tyuru was chillin on his basking rock, and then randomly ran down to the floor of the tank and started, like, trying to eat the carpet?? He was like pulling on it and i think ate a couple little carpet hairs. It was kinda funny but also weird as heck! He did me a worry! I think he was still hungry, and went after a spot that had some calcium powder spilled on it (like a tiny bit that got rubbed into the carpet). He gets 3-4 calcium crickets a week now. His temps and lights are as they should be (about 110, sometimes up to 115 in the basking spot, and about 80 on the cool side). He's about 8-9 inches long, about 3 or 4 months maybe? Hes a young one.
He had eaten about 12 crickets and a couple tiny pieces of grape, plus one tiny piece of red bell pepper. Im sure he was still hungry.. he poops sleeps and eats well and everything.. mainly im wondering if i should be worried about impaction??

ebarlo14

No he should be fine as long as it was only a couple carpet hairs, and he doesn't do anymore. However if this does persist you might want to change from carpet to something else, such as paper towels, newspaper, etc. And also keeping a very close eye on his poop, have a good look at it and try to find the strings. :D

Terra213

My little Torrin does the same thing! I'm so glad I'm not alone there. Except my guy doesn't stop there. Blankets, t-shirts, I think its the color that's doing it, the main things he attacks have been green

He should be fine! p.s - as a young beardy, you should sprinkle calcium one on one feeding everyday (10-20 crickets and not too much dust a small amount goes a long way). (sorry if i misunderstood your post but i read it as you only dusting 3 or 4 crickets a every week)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
diamondfontaign":25v3pyy3 said:
Our lil friend Tyuru was chillin on his basking rock, and then randomly ran down to the floor of the tank and started, like, trying to eat the carpet?? He was like pulling on it and i think ate a couple little carpet hairs. It was kinda funny but also weird as heck! He did me a worry! I think he was still hungry, and went after a spot that had some calcium powder spilled on it (like a tiny bit that got rubbed into the carpet). He gets 3-4 calcium crickets a week now.
<<< 3 - 4 crickets per week for an adult is totally inadequate - he need much more than that . See this for good guidance viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236074
for a such a young hatchling , he need mostly live insects in his diet , and under 6 months old at least 2 meals of live insects per day (three is better) , from 6 months to 1 year , two feeds of live insects per day + some salad.

His temps and lights are as they should be (about 110, sometimes up to 115 in the basking spot,
<<< 110 is too hot , 115 is way too hot , see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=233516
and about 80 on the cool side). He's about 8-9 inches long, about 3 or 4 months maybe? Hes a young one.
He had eaten about 12 crickets and a couple tiny pieces of grape, plus one tiny piece of red bell pepper. Im sure he was still hungry.. he poops sleeps and eats well and everything.. mainly im wondering if i should be worried about impaction??

Hello!
My Bearded Dragons do the same thing! Jackets, Pants, Blankets, Towels, you name it.
I haven't seen any issues happen when they do it, but I would just try to put them in a spot where they can't really get to it. I honestly find it funny. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom