baby beardie doesn't care for crickets or veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

hello all,

My little yoshi was sick when we bought her a few weeks ago. Figured out from the beardie ER that the pet shop I got her from didn't have her under the proper lighting. Well I finally got that all sorted and she is doing much better now. Only issue is that she will not eat crickets at all. I think I've seen her eat maybe 5 since I got her. Almost every time I put them in front of her she watches them then runs away eventually. Same with veggies. Unless I cut the squash into strings and wiggle them in front of her like a worm she won't touch them. I bought her some small super worms and she loves them, as soon as she notices them she eats them. But I know they are no good for her so I'm afraid to feed her too many. I did buy some Phoenix worms off Amazon but unfortunately they all arrived dead and I'm waiting for them to send me different ones. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to get her to eat more. So far I've tried bell peppers, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, peas baby food, crickets, super worms, even a few dead phoenix worms. she will only show interest in the super worms.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Well, you might want to try and get some hornworms, silkworms, or Dubia. If you grab a tiny hornworm and put in in with some veggies, she will most likely want it and accidentally eat some veggies too. Also, I give my 5 yr old beardy superworms and, while he isn't picky, I've heard other beardies are. I'm not so much concerned with her being a baby and being fed superworms as that whole "kink in the digestive tract until 16 inches" thing is not true, since beardies tend to like superworms a lot, they can get spoiled and ignore the other food that's given to them. Be sure to make her hungry if she doesn't eat what you give. Lastly, I forgot to mention, babies don't really need the veggies too much so if she's eating the live prey but not too many veggies, that's entirely all right as they need the protein and whatnot to grow and develop some fat reserves. Btw, here's a list of staple foods. Lastly lastly, Dubia roaches can't infest houses like German or American roaches can but nymphs can climb smooth surfaces so if you have them in a container, put packaging tape or there's a product that Josh's frogs sell too.

I'm here if you have any more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom