Fear of Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my bearded dragon for about three months, and hes grown a lot since we first got him! When I first got him, he was terrified of me and would beard whenever I went to interact with him. That really put me off wanting to handle him. Now, he is very comfortable with my hand and allows me to pet him sometimes. Every so often, I will take him out of his viv and down into a room where I can close the door (my bedroom has no door and is unsafe for beardies) and let him run around and try to bond with him. He seems not to like this, for he as of late has gotten a black beard and runs from my hands. My biggest problem is my fear of what he is going to do when I pick him up. I'm afraid of him running or falling or me hurting him. Is there any way I can work to make him and myself more comfortable?

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
1 how long is he?

2 do you handle him often?

3 any other things that are abnormal and have popped up lately?

fcooper

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon loves exploring.....letting them climb all over you is a good way for them to get comfortable with you....if my bearded dragon wanted to get somewhere if she was feeling adventurous she'd use my arm as a bridge

nattiecece

Original Poster
KeyBlu422":384dao3p said:
1 how long is he?

2 do you handle him often?

3 any other things that are abnormal and have popped up lately?
1) He's about 14 inches long
2) I pet him every day and hand feed him
3) No, he's perfect

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
I'd try garden gloves and, if you're not doing this already, the scoop method. Just put out your hand and, if he doesn't do anything, give him a slight nudge from the back with your other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom