Just moved with my beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashdev624

Hi guys! This is my first ever post on a forum so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong! I just moved with my beardie (also my dog hamster and gerbil...yeah it was a whole thing). His name is Diego he is a little over a year old and he is my whole entire world. The move was relatively smooth but during it he was sleeping in a smaller tank than what he was used to. Ive finally got him set up again in his 40 gal and hes been eating and seems happy for the most part but I'm just nervous that he isn't happy. He keeps rubbing his nose on the glass and trying to get out. Turns so black until I take him out and when I do he won't stop running around like a wild man. I moved in with my mom so there are also a couple of dogs here he's not used to being around but I try to keep them out of his room for the most part. I just dont know what is stressing him out and was hoping someone could give me some pointers on how to help him or just tell me to calm down and that he just needs some time to adjust ? hes my first ever reptile so I'm very very worried I'm not doing everything I can to make him happy. Any advice would be so helpful!

Peace and love guys

Ashdev624

Original Poster
Ive also noticed when he is out exploring he seems to be drawn too cool dark corners? Do beardie try to go into brumation or does it just happen if it happens? Should he be going into brumation? Also its been averaging at 10 below outside here would that play a part in it? His basking spot stays between 90 and 95 and his greens and water stay over on the cooler side of the tank.

✌thanks in advance for any help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is probably curious about the new surroundings and winds up bunkering down in a cozy spot when he gets cold or tired. I suggest letting him explore out of the tank if he wants to and he's in a safe area. You might consider putting out a portable basking lamp for him to return to when he gets cold (he'll find it) so he can be out for extended periods. My dragon is like that and I just let him roam around the house when I'm home.

Ashdev624

Original Poster
That's what I was thinking he seems to just want to explore. I'm home a lot right now so I can definitely set up a portable basking spot for him and just let him do his thing. Thank you so so much for the reply definitely feeling a lot better about it now that I know its not just mine that is a crazy adventure man ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom