Baby beardy scared and lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukerhiel

Hi everyone, I bought a baby bearded dragon a few weeks ago and he has started to act strange the past few days, he will lay in his basking spot with his head resting or barley raised and his eyes are almost always closed, last night i read that the compact uvb bulbs can cause problems so i immediately took it out and plan on returning it and buying a tube bulb today. I have also been trying to handle him frequently so he will become trusting of me but he will run away or flare up when he sees my hand. I think this all may be normal behavior for a baby but i just want to make sure. Thanks

fijea

What's the temp in the basking area?

And as for handling the beardie;
Avoid making any sudden movements towards him as this may spook him and make him feel threatened. Carefully slide your hand under his belly. If you are picking up a baby, keep one finger under the chin. It will hold onto the finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom