Baby beardie tries to scape!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beagle23

Hi! I got a baby beard that is really active, even to much. When I try to hold him he starts running away and gets defensive some time hissing and trying to bite me. When I finally get him he tries to jump out. I put him on the table and even if he stops trying to bite me he still runs away. A family member got near him and he jumped to her face almost biting her and fell to the floor. I'm afraid he's going to get injured. Can I get some tips to stop him from being aggressive and trying to scape ? :D
He is about 6 inches.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
You need to put him in his enclosure and leave him alone, he is obviously stressed out. Not all beardies do well in a new home right away. I'd say leave him for a weak, meaning no physical contact unless he allows it, but still feed him and check on him of course. You have to respect them as they are a living animal and not just a toy of sorts that a young child can play with. Not assuming your a young child but just in general.

He should eventually warm up to you and see that your not about to kill him, it wont happen over night of course and will take some time.

Beagle23

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":28n7uncn said:
You need to put him in his enclosure and leave him alone, he is obviously stressed out. Not all beardies do well in a new home right away. I'd say leave him for a weak, meaning no physical contact unless he allows it, but still feed him and check on him of course. You have to respect them as they are a living animal and not just a toy of sorts that a young child can play with. Not assuming your a young child but just in general.

He should eventually warm up to you and see that your not about to kill him, it wont happen over night of course and will take some time.

I had one before him that I gave back to the store as sadly she had yellow fungus. I know I shouldn't handle him but I'm paranoid he is going to get it to so sometimes I get him to check how he's doing. Those moments are the only ones where I interact with him ( exempt giving him food, cleaning, and getting rid of excess crickets). Thanks for the tips tho. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom