Random aggression

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
So my beardie is about 2 years old and he has always been so sweet and loving and just all-around chill. But for the past few days he has had a bout of random aggression. I don't know what the problem is I'm a first-time Beauty owner. I'm hoping it's just mating season and he's temporarily losing his mind. But he will puff up like a puffer fish and hiss at me for no reason at all. He will try to eat your hand if you reach into his tank. But after a while he settles down and he's fine again. I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas? Could it be something I'm feeding him? He's eating vegetables now... He has a daily salad of Endive dandelion leaves cabbage and kale. Yes they're all washed before feeding so it can't be something environmental. But like I said I'm a first-time owner. I'm used to having snakes. And snakes have a very set demeanor either there going to be an ******* or they're not. They don't just randomly become an ******* unless they're hungry LOL could it be the fact that I've been really busy lately and have just been coming in to feed him and not hanging out with him? Or am I just being a crazy mom and reading too far into nothing... Because I've been known to do that LOL

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Congratulations - your bearded dragon has begun to feel better, and recover its health! You’ve succeeded in rehabilitating it to the point where it’s now able to behave normally, and doesn’t feel too sick and run down to protest when something happens which stresses or alarms it.

This is a very good sign. Keep doing what you’re doing. Figure out what foods your bearded dragon loves most of all, and use them as bribes - hand-feed and start taming your dragon from scratch. It wasn’t tame to begin with - only ill.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
fcooper":2bowjrj2 said:
Congratulations - your bearded dragon has begun to feel better, and recover its health! You’ve succeeded in rehabilitating it to the point where it’s now able to behave normally, and doesn’t feel too sick and run down to protest when something happens which stresses or alarms it.

This is a very good sign. Keep doing what you’re doing. Figure out what foods your bearded dragon loves most of all, and use them as bribes - hand-feed and start taming your dragon from scratch. It wasn’t tame to begin with - only ill.

Oh well I guess that makes me feel better LOL what should I do first I thought I was doing everything right but apparently I was just making him better LOL but he does love carrots and asparagus but I know he can't have too much of that. I have made a premix of dandelion Endive and kale in a tupperware container so every night even when I'm not home I can have somebody tossed him a handful. What type of fruit can he eat he doesn't like raspberries which I guess is a good thing because the seeds could stop him up he's not a huge fan of strawberries not a huge fan of peaches I know he can't have anything citrus so what else is there that I can try that most bearded dragons love as a fun treat. And what other vegetables would you recommend I throw in his salad. I tried cucumber on a whim and he's not feeling it.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardedlady1":1tatl1h2 said:
fcooper":1tatl1h2 said:

Oh well I guess that makes me feel better LOL what should I do first I thought I was doing everything right but apparently I was just making him better LOL but he does love carrots and asparagus but I know he can't have too much of that. I have made a premix of dandelion Endive and kale in a tupperware container so every night even when I'm not home I can have somebody tossed him a handful. What type of fruit can he eat he doesn't like raspberries which I guess is a good thing because the seeds could stop him up he's not a huge fan of strawberries not a huge fan of peaches I know he can't have anything citrus so what else is there that I can try that most bearded dragons love as a fun treat. And what other vegetables would you recommend I throw in his salad. I tried cucumber on a whim and he's not feeling it.

Now he's gone on a hunger strike.... Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom