Fun in the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
It was such a nice beautiful warm day so I took my girl Dyna out to get some natural sun :D
92311-1153740953.jpg
92311-7161618084.jpg
92311-2677348415.jpg
92311-9228380625.jpg
92311-6639584978.jpg
She enjoyed herself outside as you can see. Is it normal for them to want to go hide in the cave right afterward?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, shes been hiding a lot and I have been reading that she won't be getting that much UV in her terrarium so that's why I take her out in the natural sun. Yikes. :eek:

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It was another beautiful warm day, she didn’t seem to enjoy herself though. She was kind stressed out for some odd reason.

Juniper

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Henry
My beardie does not like being outside at all; she stiffens up and gets wary, even if I stay close to her and don't put her in a big open space, and give her somewhere to hide. If she happens to look up and see the sun, she PANICS and bolts (which is why I have to put a harness on her if we go out, so I don't just lose her), and blackbeards at me for hours after I bring her back inside. Desert lizard, terrified of the sun. I know natural sunlight is good for her, so I've been trying to get her used to it. (Not now, though, because it's cold.) But she hates it. I'm thinking of not even trying next summer because it stresses her out so much, the weird baby.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Izzy loves it outside in the grass, walking around, and then sunning herself like a pancake on the driveway or the front walk...UNTIL a bird flies overhead OR a car drives past the house...that lizard moves that 520 grams faster than anything I've ever seen move before! The first time she did it I couldn't believe how fast she could run, thank god I had her on her leash and harness because she bolted under my car and out the other side and then yanked herself silly on the end of the leash...it was a car going by that did it the first time, the second time she was just sitting on the driveway with me, towards the end out in the sun, and a lady was just walking up the street, and when she got right in front of us she said "Is that a bearded dragon? That's so cool!" and WHOOSH she was gone, like "I don't know her and I don't like her!!1" So it's a mixed bagged with Izzy, you never know what you're gonna get, but she definitely is one tire lizard once we come inside. She goes from a panicked 100 MPH to dead lizard on the couch in less than 5 minutes...so yeah, it wears them out...

I still wish I had been recording the time the that Duff, my cockatiel scared the living hell out of her, she ran from the kitchen, stood completely upright on her back 2 legs when she hit the dining room and then continued that way across the living room until she ran face-first into the ottoman and fell over...I was laughing so hard I forgot to make sure she was okay, which she was, though not amused. I've not seen her run on her 2 back legs since then, but I'm hopeful 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom