Bert Bit Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Okay, so Bert is the best. He is usually super chill, fine with being handled and petted and cuddled. We let him out of his terrarium any time when we are home before lights out. We even let him sleep outside of his terrarium on weekends. He has little set-up on the floor with an MVB to provide light and heat whenever he needs it.

I always put him in the terrarium to feed him and for a good while after so he has time to "bake his worms" as my SO calls it.

Now, yesterday, I came home from work and fed him in his terrarium. Had some fully grown horn worms for him finally (they took about a week to grow to full size). Bert LOVES horn worms. I cannot express to you how insane he gets at the sight of horn worms. If he just sees me with the cup in my hand, he starts running around like a spaz. One time he even fell out of the terrarium, because he leapt at the cup in my hand as I went open the door. Don't get me wrong, Bert always acts like a starving man being given a cheeseburger, even when I'm just feeding him greens. But he takes it up about 10 notches for horn worms.

I usually give him two full grown horn worms when I have them to offer. The first one went fine. But the second one bit me and latched onto my finger, which meant I couldn't get my hand clear of it fast enough and Bert chomped down so hard on my thumb that it bled! I didn't even think that was possible since he has no teeth.

The good news is I have forgiven him and I still love him and I even let him sleep under the TV stand last night and didn't put him back in his viv until I left for work this morning. Also, I will probably survive with the barely visible wound he gave me.

Bear333

Oh no! That’s understandable in that type of situation, I’m sure it was just an accident. Sounds like it doesn’t seem too serious;) (Also, Beardies do have teeth, theyre just kind of hard to see)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Entirely your fault and completely accidential on Bert's part.

EVERY ONE who has endulged in handfeeding a dragon (or in my case dragons , bluetongues and other skinks) can expect the occasional finger tip nip , and yes they hurt , and often the lizard draws blood.

I'm sure Bert was just as surprised as you were , eww ! that worm tasted strange , what's that red stuff dripping off mommy's finger.

No he's not get a taste for your blood now and wont be scheming your demise.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":259uzkao said:
Entirely your fault and completely accidential on Bert's part.

EVERY ONE who has endulged in handfeeding a dragon (or in my case dragons , bluetongues and other skinks) can expect the occasional finger tip nip , and yes they hurt , and often the lizard draws blood.

I'm sure Bert was just as surprised as you were , eww ! that worm tasted strange , what's that red stuff dripping off mommy's finger.

No he's not get a taste for your blood now and wont be scheming your demise.

I wasn't too worried that he'd developed a taste for human flesh. :p

As for hand feeding, I don't hand feed him, I was just trying to drop the worm in his viv and he was over-eager. He gets CRAZY excited about horn worms... think I might wear some protective gear next time. :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom