Beardie doesn’t want to hang with me :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’ll take time but i bought an adult beardie 3 days ago and he’s a male. He’s friendly doesn’t ever try to bite me but does puff at me “no black beard” and doesn’t like being handled very much. I’ve taken him out of his cage quite often to let him roam around my room while i clean his cage or etc. when i initially go to grab him he’ll turn his head sideways and run off sometimes. When he’s out of his cage I’ll get a comfy blanket for him and place him on it but he’ll never just sit there no matter the time of day. His cage setup is the same as before since the previous owners gave me the equipment. Whatever i do i can’t seem to calm him down. How long does it take to form a bond with a new beardie ? Adults are suppose to be more calm correct ? I️ just want him to sit on me while i play games or watch tv :(. Any tips will be appreciated thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It can take a while for an adult to bond. They are generally calmer but depending on how they were raised it can be tough to get them to be used to human interaction. Just be patient and give him time. It could take several months but depends on the situation and his personality. You could try bonding by offering him some treats like silk worms or horn worms by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom