Hyper Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojanlids

I have a male beardie about 3 months old (I think). Ehenever I take him out of his tank he always likes to run around and then sleep on me a little bit he seems to be running around a lot more lately and today out of nowhere he was laying on my chest and took off across the room jumping off the chair I was in. He did this twice then went back to normal. I’m not sure if my guy is just hyperbor if he’s scared of me or something.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's pretty normal. The little guys tend to be really curious and energetic. If you have a safe place for him to roam around (well supervised) I'd encourage it so he can learn and have a fun life. They do tend to think they can fly though so be careful not to let him get up too high. If he jumps too far he can get hurt.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Try resting your left wrist ontop of the thin half of his tail ( just the gentle pressure of the weight of the arm ) and have the right hand ready to place infront of him as a road block if he suddenly looks like doing that again ( he will ) , the pressure on his tail will discourage him and slow him down , and he'll stop when his nose hits the hand ( of cause when he's bigger and MUCH stronger and MORE secure the hand will not be an obstacle - he'll just bulldoze through it or climb over it LOL ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom