Not basking enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Hello again lol
Gretchen is a little over 8 months old and for the past few days I've noticed she hasn't been basking properly which I think is messing up her bowl movements ( she usually does her business in her bath every 2 or 3 days). Today was day 3 gave her a bath for about 40 minutes and nothing. She's eating her crickets no problem. Veggies she's been meh about lately but does eat a few here and there.
Shes in a 48x18x42 atasuki viv with a 75W basking bulb which holds her basking spot between 105-108. T5HO 5.0 uvb. Basking area is 12 inches away from light/heat source. Cool side is roughly 85 and night time her thermostat keeps the tank at 75.
She's basking now because I put here there after her bath but today for the most part she's been on her log at the cool side and then moved down to the tiled floor until I took her out. Here's a few pictures from just now. This girl sure gives me the run around let me tell you. I'm constantly worrying about her. Any ideas why she's doing this? She'll get another bath tomorrow when I get home from work if she hasn't pooped In her home (which she never does because I take her out to do it).
93727-6801960864.jpg
93727-1244659503.jpg
93727-7448732457.jpg
93727-1849259516.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Is the uvb on top of the screen? If so you need to mount it in the tank. Those are fine to use, but its only as strong as a t8 which needs to be mounted under the screen. So that might be part of the problem. Also it's not unusual for them to slow down a bit this time of year even for a juvenile.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
destiny1998":enlq40hv said:
Hi. Is the uvb on top of the screen? If so you need to mount it in the tank. Those are fine to use, but its only as strong as a t8 which needs to be mounted under the screen. So that might be part of the problem. Also it's not unusual for them to slow down a bit this time of year even for a juvenile.

I was told by my breeder that the t5 was string enough on top of the screen. I'm also terrified to out anything electrical inside with the fear of it blowing up and shattering all over inside where she is. I'll try it out and see what happens although it's been like this since I got her in May. Thanks for the info. Any ideas on how to safely install it inside her tank? And where shoukd it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom