Bearded being VERY aggressive and flighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverkirchner13

Hi I have a juvenile Bearded Dragon who, when we first bought it, loved to hang out get fed and loved us and chill with us, but recently I picked up a hatchling blue tegu. My bearded dragon is in a 40 breeder and now I put my tegu hatchling in a different 40 breeder right next to my bearded. Now my bearded dragon won't let me touch him, bites, puffs up, hisses kind of... and has become very VERY flighty. I put a divider in between the two cages so they can't see each other, but hasn't helped. Need help please...! Thanks

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Possibly move the tegu somewhere else so he cant smell the tegu so close to him? But make sure its somewhere where he cant see the tegu either, I have beardies and a baby tegu as well but shes in a tank below and next to the side where two of my beardies are at, i haven't had any aggression coming from my beardies but it could be because shes not directly next to them.

Riverkirchner13

Original Poster
Ok I separated them to where they can't see each other and far enough away to where they shouldn't smell each other hoping for the best

dezismom

Juvie Member
I would bet your Beardie was reacting to the tegu! They do not do well in general with other reptiles nearby to see or smell. and they have good sight and hearing, and ability to scent things. I would add that you should be sure you dont have tegu scent on you or your clothes when you handle your Beardie. Maybe handle the Beardie first? and of course wash hands. Beardies are so sensitive and emotional. And juveniles are easily frightened, more so than the adults. Total drama queens.???

It will take a few days or even weeks for her to settle back down, after you have removed tegu from her vicinity. Be patient, kind, loving, and she will come back to her usual sweet self. Treats are always helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom