Beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 6 month old beardie is barely eating. He is alert and poops once a day but lately (the past 2-3 days) I have noticed he is not eating much. Every morning I offer him super worms (I know they supposedly cause impaction but has never had an issue with that). Then when I come home from class I feed him crickets and throughout the day he always has veggies in his terrarium. The past few days when I offer him crickets or super worms he is completely uninterested. He just doesn’t want to eat them. The only time I can get him to eat is late at night when he hasn’t eaten anything all day. I don’t know what to do.

ejuncker16":1upmzxt1 said:
My 6 month old beardie is barely eating. He is alert and poops once a day but lately (the past 2-3 days) I have noticed he is not eating much. Every morning I offer him super worms (I know they supposedly cause impaction but has never had an issue with that).
I'm not a Expert but my beardie has been on super worms since April this year and has not become impacted and I know the local petshop recommends super worms to meal worms so I don't know where you are getting your info but I believe your source is false

ejuncker16

Original Poster
I actually got that information from this website. People on this website have told me many times not to feed my beardie meal worms or super worms because they cause impaction. However, impaction is not what I am concerned about. I am just concerned that he is not eating.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it has only been a few days I wouldn't worry too much. Their appetites do fluctuate. Is he active and alert? If he's active and his weight is stable then he is likely just not as hungry at the moment which is OK. This happens sometimes due to shed, sometimes due to being in between growth spurts, and sometimes just because of their mood. Keep offering food at the regular schedule and monitor his weight and look for signs of lethargic behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom