Bearded dragon kind of being a lazy bones HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scox218

So I am a little concerned yesterday I went about our normal routine , I put him on the windowsill he loves to look outside but instead of being super alert he got lazy and was laying down. I thought it was no big deal put him back into his enclosure before work and noticed he went under his hide . When usually he would be basking. I come home and he is still there but this time sleep . I asked my little sister who gets home around 5 what was he doing and she said he was under his hide when she came home . Now this morning I was expecting him to go back to his normal routine but he’s awake but still under his basking rock . Didn’t even get excited as usual when he seen his bug bowl

How old is your dragon? Around 7-8 months . Got him at Petsmart

How long have you had your dragon? 6 1/2 months

How long is your dragon? 16 inches

What is the sex of your dragon? Male

What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 40 Gallon breeder

What type substrate do you have on the bottom of the tank ? Paper towels

Do you use UVB lights? Yes.

If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? Mercury Vapor

What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? PowerSun 100 Watt Mercury Bulb. I sadly don't know the number. D:

How old is your UVB bulb? 5 months

How close can your dragon get to the UVB? He can get within about 7-9 inches

Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? No

What are the basking temps? The surface temperature on his warm side ranges between 100 to 109 on his rock, but the air temperature on the same side reads about 75-80 degrees which varies often.

What is the cool side temp? Right now it's at 76

Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Digital Thermometer with a wire

Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? Mid air

Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? No.

What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Dubia Roaches and Collard greens

How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? I feed him greens in the morning (8 am) and dubias around 12pm before I go to work

Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? Yes.

Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? Reptivite and every other day

Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops) ? He poops every other day

Do you bath your dragon? How often? Yes, I bathe him about once a week

Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? Yes about 2 to 3 times a day.

Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? Hard finding one but I plan on doing so after I get some money saved

Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
No

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your setup and routine sounds pretty good. The distance to the PowerSun is right and the temps are good. He could just be going through a slowdown phase. He's a bit young for brumation but they still go through cycles like this sometimes. Have you been tracking his weight? If so, has it been stable? Has he shown a black beard or any signs or distress?

Scox218

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2jcnxas0 said:
Your setup and routine sounds pretty good. The distance to the PowerSun is right and the temps are good. He could just be going through a slowdown phase. He's a bit young for brumation but they still go through cycles like this sometimes. Have you been tracking his weight? If so, has it been stable? Has he shown a black beard or any signs or distress?

I have not been tracking his weight :0 and he has been showing a black beard lately but that just started with whenever he sees my other baby beardie (which I rarely ever let them see each other )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom