10 month old not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisa

So, my 10 month old is not eating a whole lot. He barely touches his veggies, never really took a liking to them anyway, and eats 1-3 roaches a day. Sometimes. Sometimes he eats none. He poops maybe once every 3 to 5 days. He looks healthy enough. Is about 16 1/2 inches and weighs 311 g. Not especially large. Should I be concerned? Not very active but then again he’s never been very active. He is alert though

Elisa

Original Poster
Thanks for that response. I gave him a bath and he made a nice huge poop. Yesterday he had two live roaches. Looks like he had some watermelon. I don’t think he ever eats his greens. used to be a great eater. I know they slow down when they get older but he’s only 10 mths. He looks healthy though

Elisa

Original Poster
So at the time of this last post my Dragon weighed 311 g. It has been almost a month and now he is at 302 g. He is still eating maybe one or two roaches every other day and I have to bathe him to get him to poop. I thought perhaps he was beginning to go into brumation because he certainly is slowing down and sleeps a lot but he does awake when I bathe him and he does get active when he’s in the water. Do you think a 9 g weight loss is too much?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
9g isn't much at all once they're that size. A meal or a poop could cause a bigger fluctuation than that in either direction. I usually advise taking readings every few days (or more if you want) so you can plot it out and create a graph with a trend line. The trend line over time will give you a good idea of how things are going.

Elisa

Original Poster
Ok thank you. My Vet is On vacation until next Monday. I just needed clarification that 9 g isn’t a lot or it is a lot. I will weigh him every couple of days.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Here's an example from Darwin's weight log. You can see that there are a lot of fluctuations from day to day, but the trend line shows a clear increase over time.

76248-3282945170.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom