Messy beardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxie

I've been having a problem recently where my bearded dragon poops, and then decides to smear it all over the tank. I'll leave some days and come back a few hours later and it will be all over her, in her water dish, and on the glass and substrate, is this normal? It's gotten to the point where almost every week I have to completely wash down her tank and clean everything in it (including her)

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
That's not unusual, I completely clean all 3 of mine once a week, with spot cleaning throughout the week. The only thing I can tell you to do is to try to get him to go in the morning before you leave for work by giving a warm bath. I do this with my rescue boy who has some trouble pooping on a regular basis, so with him I'll get up, turn his lights on to get him warm for about an hour or so while I get ready, then I give him a warm bath, 95% of the time he'll poop in the bath within 5 minutes so it's not like it takes that long to get it done, then I feed all 3 of them. He typically only goes once a day, so rarely do I see any in the tank when I get home.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I came home today and Mystic was glass surfing, which means let me out now I gotta poop. Sure enough 5-10 minutes later he did his thing. He's pretty smart, does not want to do it in the tank, or smell it either, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom