Sleeping lots

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
I have a 7 month old, and recently he seems to be spending a lot more time underneath his log (in the shade). He used to only sleep there, but lately he's been going under almost straight after he eats, and sometimes when I get home and go to feed him in the afternoon, he seems to be under there taking a nap. This morning, when I went to feed him, he was still asleep under there (normally he's out and ready for breakfast).
My setup:
Arcadia 12% w/ reflector, he can get to 10" away at the closest, also has 3 basking bulbs (hard to find bulbs because they have unusual screws, and are only rated to 75 watts which isn't enough for the cold weather here at the moment)
Basking spot ~40°C, cool side ~26°C, taken with an infra red temp gun
Viv is wooden with sliding glass panels on the front, 2ftx2ftx4ft
He gets 2 feeds a day of as many insects as he wants, normally gets BSFL in the morning and crickets in the afternoon, recently we ran out of BSFL (more are on the way) so he's getting crickets twice a day instead. They get dusted once a day, I mix a bit of vitamin powder into calcium powder and coat them with that (I find the calcium sticks too much and the vitamins not enough, but mixed together they go nicely).
I don't see any other issues, he poops a bunch (at least once a day), eats like a machine, is fairly active etc.

Any suggestions/ideas?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Weathers been pretty ordinary in your corner of the continent , so i'd say it's a combination of
>> hunkering down (because of the weather)
>> lazy teenage beardie
would be my guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom