Soo grumpy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Here's Mr. Grumps today :lol:
I am not sure if its a combination of hormones kicking in and being irritated because of the shedding on his tail but... hes been real moody these last couple days.
92311-3952861885.jpg
92311-8566666580.jpg
92311-1630520323.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He certainly looks to be out for blood. It's likely just the shed or similar getting him irritated. It looks like maybe his head and beard are about to shed too. I doubt the phase will last too long beyond the shed.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I really hope so. He went crazy when i took him outside haha so im trying to slowly introduce him to being outside. He gets puffed up like that and looks ready to attack :lol: I am like what?! Can't get more natural than this. I guess he got too comfortable being inside too much. When he was younger, he loved being outside and very passive now hes getting more aggressive.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Darwin used to get really fired up and go on high alert when he was outside. I figured he'd like it a lot but it seemed to scare him and stress him out. I backed off for a while then slowly introduced him to outside by holding him on my lap in small increments. After about 8 months he went on a trip with us and got a ton of time outside under tree cover mostly, and loved it. He's been pretty good about it since then but I bring him in if he starts to panic. I can see it in his body language. He has handled some camping trips this summer really well so he's pretty comfortable outside now after almost 2 years now. It just takes some time so go slowly.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah slow and steady wins the race :p
That's what i figured to do just have him watch outside from the window sill then next time open the front screen door let him look outside so in case he does freak out hes inside the house rather than outside. He is a lot bigger now so im sure he will run further than the last time when he got spooked. Those birds really have them freaked out. I also have a screen cage i could put him inside but i figured to do baby steps. I gave him a warm bath and gently removed the shed from his tail so he doesn't seem to be so grumpy that much. Only thing now is if you touch him on his head he shakes it :lol:

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3cwxoz5c said:
he's telling you he's the boss.

he's not grumpy unless that beard is jet back ....

Right!? Showing me who is boss :angry5:
I've seen him with the jet black beard when he was outside, one of the birds flew over and he got so puffy and his beard was pitch black, im like okay were going inside before he bites me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom