Baby Digging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLB85

I have a 3 month old baby who has a cave she NEVER uses. Well tonight I come in the room about 45 mins before lights out and she's in her cave digging! She's never dug before, what does this mean? Her temps on her basking side are 105-110, she has slate tile floor, has an arcadia UV, I don't think she's too hot or cold. Sure does this only for a few mins then stops, comes back out and basks. By the way, I call my dragon a her but Im not sure if its a boy or girl yet. She's pretty dusty looking, I think she's going to shed soon, do you think this has anything to do with it? Just want to make sure she's ok and this isn't a bad sign!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My dragon does that before bed to get comfy as well. I put down a small fleece blanket over the tile so he can burrow in a bit and sleep comfortably.

KLB85

Original Poster
Okay that's good to know! I have tried putting some fleecy material in there and also my t-shirts, after reading that they will associated your scent with relaxation and security as they sleep. However everytime I do this, she thoroughly avoids the material lol! I've tried spreading it over a large area of her floor and she'll sleep on a patch of the floor with no material, or on her branch! Since her floor is slate tile and she always sleeps on the floor, I worry that it gets too cold at night, even though I keep a close eye on the ambient room temp. I'd love her to sleep on some fleece on top of the tiles - any suggestions on how I can get her to try it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom