Baby Beardie is afraid of me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new beardie owner and am trying my best to befriend my little guy. Have had him two weeks and from that time I've learned that he's very very skittish. He literally flips out and runs as fast as he can as soon as I slid my palm beside him and won't eat sometimes bc he's nervous of me... I read that it takes time to develop trust and that babies are skittish, but is there something better that I should be doing to gain his trust/help him relax? I feel bad having to chase him around the tank when I need to pick him up and don't want him to grow up mean.

Thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Don't chase him around or try to pick him up unless you need to for a while. I also suggest offering him some treats and see if he'll come to your hand for those. black soldier fly larvae/phoenix worms would be a good option because they wiggle around making them an attractive treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom