Biting issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, about a week ago my male(which we think he's male, he's still kinda young, but he's about 9-10 inches now) started biting us.... After his recent shed, he got super cranky and was running around the tank frantically trying to rub off the skin. So we misted him to try and make the skin soft so it wasn't so crusty and annoying. But I guess while I was at work my fiance pulled some of his skin off to try and help him... Which I think caused the aggression... and yes I yelled at my Fiance for trying to help him shed... I know Viserion was miserable, but he's gotta shed on his own.. The most we can do is give him a bath and mist... Which I bought Shed-aid for the next shed...But it's been a battle for a week now... We've tried positive reinforcement. Though, Viserion doesn't try biting me as much as he tries to bite my fiance. The most V will do with me is open his mouth, do a small hiss, but will just lick me.

But today we had both beardies out cause it was tank cleaning day... Well, while I was sitting on the bed with Dracarys (my other beardie, also suspecting her to be a female, but she's maybe 8-9 inches long). Viserion came running towards us, at first he looked like he was just exploring then he jumps on Dracarys...He didn't bite her, but he could have scratched her if i didn't catch him. So I placed him on the other side of me so he couldn't see her but this time he crawled over me. I watched to see what he would do. He walked up to Dracarys and just stared at her.... Then tried to bite her on the face.... I'm like dude...Really... What's your problem... So problem is, he's being aggressive towards everyone... No matter who or what it is... Even towards my dogs... Which he liked at first and my dogs love him... They cuddle with him... So we're confused and need some advice....

Mysty

Juvie Member
Beardies routinely do serious harm to each other so I would not have them out together.

Patience and simple things like hand feeding should help with any bad association towards your fiance.

DracarysxViserion

Original Poster
Mysty":3933sayv said:
Beardies routinely do serious harm to each other so I would not have them out together.

Patience and simple things like hand feeding should help with any bad association towards your fiance.

They we're doing great together... They always ate separately and they have separate tanks. Before all of this, they would roam the bedroom together. They sat next to each other and watched us lol. Then when it was snuggle time they would go to their preferred human lol. They were funny. I just hope Viserions behavior improves.... I've continued the hand feeding, he's doing great with me. I've been having my fiance do it too. But I'll definitely update in a few days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom