Nine month beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisa

My nine month old has stopped eating. He is acting fine and he pooped yesterday but he hasn't shown interest in his veggies or his roaches for, today's the third day. Should I be worried?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's acting normally and isn't losing weight he is probably fine. He is probably getting to full size and his metabolism is slowing so he's not as hungry as in the past. I'd make salads available to him and one bug meal daily and let him take what he needs. Their appetites tend to be cyclical so I'd imagine his appetite will return to some extent after a while. Watch out for lethargic behavior or weight loss which could indicate a problem though.

Elisa

Original Poster
Thanks so much. I felt like that was happening but confirmation is always good! He's about 16 inches from head to tail; I feel like that's kind of small but maybe he'll have a growth spurt soon. He hasn't shedded in a while. But he is acting normal and scurrying around when I take him out of his tank. Eyes look good and he's pretty alert. Thanks again!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He still may have a spurt or two left. They can continue growing up to about two years old, it just slows significantly. Things happen much more gradually from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom