First Wave and Head Bob from Latigo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just as pleased as punch and very surprised to see my baby leatherback, Latigo (Laddy, although if "he" turns out to be a "she", I'll have to change the nickname to "Lassie", I guess :) ) on his basking log, walked over as close to me as he could get, and started up with several slow, almost hypnotic, circular "waves" at me, followed by 2 or 3 head bobs, and then more waving. Rinse well and repeat :lol: .

I found it absolutely delightful! His cage sits right next to my desk, and we look at each other off and on all day long, mostly. He likes his salad in a bowl, but he likes me to feed his insect treats by hand, so I'm thinking that he knows me as the Giver of Food, which he seems to think is a good thing :D .

I'm not sure of his age. I keep forgetting to call and ask the breeder when "he" was born/hatched, but his SVL is 4 1/4". Counting the tail, you can pretty much double that length, even though a tiny tip seems to have been bitten off by his clutch mates or somesuch at some time. So I don't know if it's just juveniles, or if adults do it, too. I've read a lot of other posts on this behavior, but I'm never sure of the ages of others' Dragons.

Anyway, I find it adorable, delightful, and flattering that he does the wave and bob at me. I hope he'll do more of it in the future! I've had him about a week, and this is the first time he's done it.

IrishEyesMrsZ

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2xc31pl4 said:
Sounds like he's trying to communicate and likes you =).

I hope he likes me, 'cause I sure like him! He's a lively, personable li'l fella, and I'm in love with him :).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
It's one of their most endearing behavours....

If Latigo is armwaving , with slow head bobs , I'd say Latigo is a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom