2 year old wont sit still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Hello,

Nothing wrong with my beardie, I dont think. Good viv, lights, food, poop, etc. But when I take him out of his viv during the day, mostly to play with him/let him explore, he will sit still in my hands, I can place him on my chest, and he will stay there or wherever he is (couch, my leg, etc) for like 2-3 minutes, and then he dashes down the couch (only a feet drop, with soft carpet) and goes along to explore. So I play and give him treats mostly on the floor. But no matter where he is outside his viv, he just wont stay still for longer than a min or two, then he goes off to explore my room and eventually after like 30 min falls asleep in a corner. I love my beardie to death, but is there any way I can calm him down when he is out of his viv? To sit still for a while and relax where he is placed? Maybe he is just naturally very active and curious, which I dont mind at all, I just cant cuddle him during the day, have to wait till he is tired/asleep.

A few days ago I did a sort of experiment with him. Mid day after school I came home and decided to tire him out. I bathe him, he swam (loves it, sometimes not) under my supervision of course, took him outside to bask in the sun, even took him on a small car ride. Where I live is pretty hot, its been 85F+ for weeks in SoCal. So after that we came home and I laid him on my chest, to see if he will still dash off or if he is too tired, but as expected, after a min he dashed off, jumped off the couch and explored for a tiny bit before he passed out, and transferred him to his viv.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like my guy. Some of them are just curious little balls of energy. I set up a dog bed in the window sill so he can look out the window for as long as he wants to. That usually keeps him occupied for a while. I also have several basking lights set up around the house so he can return to them and bask as he wants. That usually keeps him from curling up under furniture and falling asleep. I just built his routine around being out of the tank most of the day and it works well.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1p3sswku said:
Sounds like my guy. Some of them are just curious little balls of energy. I set up a dog bed in the window sill so he can look out the window for as long as he wants to. That usually keeps him occupied for a while. I also have several basking lights set up around the house so he can return to them and bask as he wants. That usually keeps him from curling up under furniture and falling asleep. I just built his routine around being out of the tank most of the day and it works well.

I understand, I love my beardie to pieces I just wish he was a cuddly one :p

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My boy Toothless is much the same, only been more into snuggles last few months , for him it's a snuggle before his diner or when he wakes up late at night and sees me tapping away on the keyboard or sitting there (earphones on) watching a downloaded movie then he'll scratch at the corner of his big tub to get my attention and wont stop until I acknowledge him (lately he wont take just few pats or a tickle under his throat but demands a daddy snuggle (need not be very long as he promptly puts his chin down and is he's off making zzzzz in a few minute).
He's always been a livewire and highly sprung and really energetic and nothing gets past him without a thorough very intimate investigation.

I know he enjoys the before diner snuggle and being petted because he puts on his happy colours.

Peppa on the other hand loves her snuggles .... she lives for them..... She's been like that from the getgo - she's very people orientated.

They are all different .... I'm sure Toothless will become more snuggly with time , and so will your's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom