I NEED HELP!!! FEMALE BEARDIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostanic

My bearded dragon is, give or take, about 9 months old. We just finished her last bits of treatment for an upper respiratory infection and have almost completely reversed her metabolic bone disease! She looks great, but for the last 3 days her behavior has gone haywire. My fiancé and I don't know what to do anymore. Were contacted our local about it and all they are telling us to do is cover 3/4 of the walls in her cage. We have done that; however, she is still acting the same and we're worried because now she won't eat. She has been running around like crazy in her cage. We got her a new 40 gallon take about a month ago from her smaller 20 gallon tank. Her temperatures are all good and where they're supposed to be. We feed her greens like kale and collard greens, we give her Dubai roaches, superworms, waxworms and once hornworms. All she wants to do is get out of her cage and won't stop. Her colors are normal and eyes are alart. Her beard isn't puffed out; however, her beard is now beginning to darken in color due to her stressing her body out trying to escape her home. She has done this for about 4 days straight. Does anyone know what to do?? Or what's wrong with her??

Thank you!

Hi Bostanic, how is your girl doing now?

It could be that she just wants to exercise. If you have a nice safe room (with no bits on the floor that she could eat, and no little crevices under furniture that she could wedge herself in), perhaps let her run and burn some energy.

What is her tank setup like? Temperatures? What kind of UV bulb? Is she still black-bearding?

Minikrinkle

Let her out!!! Jus keep an eye on her, I let mine out every morning for about an hour than again after I feed her again in the afternoon. Burning off the pent up energy helps a lot with the window surfing. Also bonding helps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom