Beardie tries to run away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond1

i have a problem..... when I take my beardie out of her cage she freaks out and tries to jump out of my hands and scratches me on accident :( . I try to calm her down by putting her on my stomach and she calms down.. the only problem is that this happens EVERY single time. I am also trying to get her used to being set down on the floor but not run away so I can bond/play with her. But she tries to run away? I would like this situation to be fixed by next summer because a nature camp has asked me to bring her to be their "camp bearded dragon" ..... please help

TsWasHere

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your beardie. Have you tried taming her before? If you recently got her, chances are she will be flighty the first times you try holding her. So I noticed with my beardie, Vinny, she can be a very sweet gentle lizard, but if you put her on the ground and stand over her, or if she is in a new environment, she will easily get spooked off. It might take your beardie some time to get used to being on the ground and the ground view. Perhaps try feeding her snacks on the floor when you are with her, so that she knows it is okay? I've found that it does take quite a while to get your beardie used to you, but I doubt it will take too long if you are consistent with holding them daily, as long as there are no sudden movements of course! :)
Good luck!

Diamond1

Original Poster
Thank for your reply ! But I have had since she was a baby and she has her on a off moments! One time when I was taking her outside she suddenly got scared and ran into the garden and got all puffy and slowly started turning black!! I don't think she saw a bird because I looked in the sky and there was not any !

Diamond1

Original Poster
Thank you for replying!! But I have had her since she was a baby. I try to feed her peppers (her favorite) but she doesn't eat them unless I put them on her basking spot and leave her alone!! She eats crickets and worms when I'm with her though :D

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
if you beardie is a baby/juvenile or if it was thats normal mine is the same thing she doesnt really scratch is just ther nails are somewhat sharp but not enough to do any harm she doesnt show any type of agression very hyper little fella.its a juvenile just like a kid lol,but if it is an adult then thats a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom