Very odd. Eating phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savora

Hatchling Member
In the past, my beardie had been running about out of her cage while I sat on the floor scrolling through my phone, when she just randomly bites my finger curled around my phone. It wasn't a hard bite, and was more tongue than teeth, but it scared me a good bit because it was only a few weeks after I had gotten her.

Then, this morning I was checking up on her in her cage while she was on her basking rock, then I pulled out my phone and started texting, right in front of her glass. After a minute or two she darted from her basking rock and slammed into the glass, mouth open, trying to get my phone. I moved my phone back and forth and she followed it attentively and even struck at it a few times.

I got it on a short video, because I thought it was funny at first.
https://youtu.be/0HJQVFoME4Y
Anyways, after I put my phone out of her view, she ate a few pieces of the squash I had left in her cage.

Does anybody else have any weird stories about their beardies randomly wanting to eat mundane objects? Is this a sign that she's not getting enough action in her food? I give her Phoenix worms, or black soldier fly larvae, which don't hop around like crickets.

Your little friend is probably attracted to the movement and/or colours on the screen. Adorable! :D

My second beardie, Ginger, was very interested in the coloured buttons on the TV remote. My painted nails were another point of interest. She'd also try and eat anything yellow - including rubber gloves. I once left her briefly alone to go to the bathroom, and hadn't realised one such glove had fallen to the floor with her. In the two minutes I was out of the room, she managed to chew off one of the fingers and swallowed it whole. She passed it without problems a few days later, but that was one interesting trip to the vet....

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
lol

I get the same thing when I'm typing away on the laptop, they've all done similar things , crawling off me onto the keyboard of and depositing themselves on the keyboard right where my fingers were and licking / sniffing the keys ....

I interpreted this as , "excuse me .... but I require your full and UNDIVIDED attention".

Coloured buttons on remotes are very "interesting" to all, even the wild resident house lizards (water skinks) who take up residence in our house and love to hang out on the lounge, did it.

The flashing buttons on the fax/answering machine and the ADSL2+ wireless modem and blinky fairy lights on the xmas tree are all fascinating to them as are the reflective ballbles.

They all have fav TV shows and can even tell when the show is over , and promptly loose interest in the TV when their fav shows are over.

My water skinks all did it, my bluetongue skinks have always done , all my beardies have done it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom