My beardie hates me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smugla

Hi.

I just got my first beardie 48 hours ago, and i absolutely love her, even tho her acting freaks me out!

The first night i had her, I had her on my shoulder, and i was cuddling and talking quiet to her. The next dat when i arrived from work, she puffed up just when i passed by. She stares at me at all times as she can see me on the couch, and if i stand up just to go to the toilet or to the kitchen she starts puffing up again! Same day i went to get some worms, and i hand feeded her. I then cuddled with her back and head and she stayed calm and closed her eyes. A few hours later it was lights out (gets total dark), and i go to bed. Took about 5 minutes and she started scrathing the glass and even jump into it 2 times, then she got quiet.

Today i woke up, changed water in her little tub, then went of to work. Then arrived back home and she puffed at me when i walked in the door. I made her some greens and just put it in her bowl in the terrarium as she really freaked me out. And atm ive been home for 2 hours and just a little movement from me she is puffing up!

My beardie is 1 year and 1 month old. I really do love her even tho she freaks me out, and im hoping this is only her trying to settle i the new enviroment, with new smells, people and sounds.

I do know for sure my terrarium is good, and its not the problem. Got all the lightning right, she got places to hide if she wants to and all that!

Sorry for bad english and thank you for your time! I really hope this goes over!

Give her a few days to adjust. Most likely, she's just afraid of the environment she's in. Be sure to hold her often as well, so she gets used to your touch. Hope this helps!

Smugla

Original Poster
awkwardviolinist":1ox0p429 said:
Give her a few days to adjust. Most likely, she's just afraid of the environment she's in. Be sure to hold her often as well, so she gets used to your touch. Hope this helps!

Ok thank you :)

A problem that she wont really let me hold her, i try do pick her up and she just puff the beard. Should i try to cuddle her back and head even if she puff?

I'm actually not sure...My beardie is actually aggressive towards me too. I usually hold him even if he gets upset at me. That way, hopefully he'll learn he won't get away with sassing me. :roll:

beardedbiscuits

i hope things are going better now,

when i brought my bearded dragon alfie back, i tried not to touch him for around a week. i put his terrarium in my room and i would just hang out on my bed for hours watching Netflix and doing work so he would get used to seeing me. he gradually became more and more relaxed with me being there and a week later i was able to hand feed him no problem!
with bearded dragons it takes time and patience is key. i knew that the day i brought him home it took so much will power not to pick him up and snuggle him but over time you will see your patience rewarding itself. And remember that bearded dragon to feed off your energy, so if your really nervous, its likely he will be too

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom