Beardie making 0-0 face at me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancline

My photobucket account has been suspended for "3rd party hosting" or else I would upload a picture.
My bearded dragon Norbert is really stinking cute but there's this one behavior I've seen for about two months that I can't figure out why he does this.
Pretty much all day he watches me straight on with his mouth just a tiny bit open just at the tip of his face. It almost looks like he's trying to make a kissy face. This isn't like a gape for cooling off, he does that occasionally too. But he makes this outside the terrarium and on the cool side of the terrarium. Just sits, stares looking exactly like 0-0 looking kind of derpy.

Norbert can breath through his nose, as a nasal blockage was the first thing I thought of why he might be having his lips open for so long. If I stick my finger on his lips he closes his lips and breaths fine. Plus he closes his mouth completely while sleeping and when he's not watching me.

For all I know this could just be a cute little quirk my dragon has developed, or at least I'm hoping that's what this is. I've only had Norbert for about 9 months, how old he was before I got him I have no idea, anywhere from 2-3 months old is my guess, he was the largest baby dragon they had in stock. When I got him he was 6.5" long and now he's 15" and hasn't been growing for the last three months or so despite feeding him all the dubia he wants. He mainly just goes for his salad now and eats a roach or superworm occasionally. So my guess is my baby is fully grown or nearly fully grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom