Dont think my beardie likes me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
So it seems like my beardie doesn't like me. He likes to sit in his enclosure hardly ever comes out or wants to. Whenever he does outside of his terrarium he just leaves smelly present for me to pick up and then wants to go back to his cage. Every time i touch him or pet him he closes his eyes like hes irritated or something. I have had him for 2 months now end of May. All he really wants to do is sit there and me just feed him food, that's it :? Any suggestions?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
He likes you and, he likes his home!!!What you see as being a snooty stuck up personality is actually him being comfortable with you. If he is giving you the stink-eye while you pet him, he is still undecided about you. So in your case he is trying to keep you from having to clean his viv when he poops outside the viv. He doesn't realize you have to do it anyway, lol! Little rascal!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Mystic does not poop in his Viv either. He trained to do it in the kitchen on the linoleum floor, easy cleanup.
83443-1501880791.jpg

Mysty

Juvie Member
Being comfortable with hand feeding is a positive. Reptiles do not show affection like mammals.

Tbh I've got one like yours who shuts his eyes if petted, sometimes he even goes limp like playing dead when we get him out for a bath or check over.

If he hates being handled but you want him to explore outside the viv, try leaving his viv door open and provide something safe for climbing down.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mysty":1l0spnqg said:
Being comfortable with hand feeding is a positive. Reptiles do not show affection like mammals.

<<< actually I've had 3 species of pet lizard so far :
Eastern Water Skinks
Eastern Bluetongue Skinks
Central Bearded Dragons
... all three became mega tame and affectionate , they will come when called, love snuggles, love to be handfeed. Yes they display affection , just like many birds do too.

Tbh I've got one like yours who shuts his eyes if petted, sometimes he even goes limp like playing dead when we get him out for a bath or check over.

If he hates being handled but you want him to explore outside the viv, try leaving his viv door open and provide something safe for climbing down.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Reptilelady":3t6yqmmp said:
Hello everyone,
So it seems like my beardie doesn't like me. He likes to sit in his enclosure hardly ever comes out or wants to. Whenever he does outside of his terrarium he just leaves smelly present for me to pick up and then wants to go back to his cage.

<<< Hooman slave in training is his attitude towards you.
>>> if he's closing his eyes when you a petting him, he trusts you , especially if his breathing is relaxed .

Every time i touch him or pet him he closes his eyes like hes irritated or something. I have had him for 2 months now end of May. All he really wants to do is sit there and me just feed him food, that's it :? Any suggestions?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
kingofnobbys":o7oifk5w said:
Mysty":o7oifk5w said:

<<< actually I've had 3 species of pet lizard so far :
Eastern Water Skinks
Eastern Bluetongue Skinks
Central Bearded Dragons
... all three became mega tame and affectionate , they will come when called, love snuggles, love to be handfeed. Yes they display affection , just like many birds do too.

Yeah I Agree. My beardies are super affectionate and cuddly. My newest beardie Loki loves to cuddle and hangs on like Velcro and will sit with me and cuddle for a while. My Beardies love to hang out. :D Reptiles can be very handtame and sweet. :)

View media item 60987 This was a few nights ago with two of my three. :D

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Mysty":2n4jl0jo said:
IMO This could be dangerous because if you aren't home or in the room the beardie could get lost or hurt. or Run into another household pet (like a cat or a dog) and that can be dangerous. I'd only let them free roam if I'm supervising them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom