Sleeping lots and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricanev

Hi everyone , I have a 8 month old beardie who was eating well his sleep cycle was good, non aggressive, then he started by not pooping every day , it has now been 3 weeks but he is also sleeping all the time and not moving to to much, Temps are good, he has the proper uv bulb and his basking bulb all is good.
Funny thing that he is doing is trying to get under his carpet to get to the glass, then he justs lays there and sleeps.
I live in Alberta Canada , the weather has been nice , I just don't get it ????????
He wont eat , he wont poop , he hasn't lost weight and he stays in the same spot only to open his eyes once and a while to look around and then right back to sleep.
Please help.

Chanza

Hatchling Member
What substrate do you use? What is his main source of food? (insects) Is it a UVB tube or coil compact?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Need much more information and details on your beardie's setup and your husbandry otherwise we can't even hazard a guess.

Here's my Cheat Sheet :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050

If you work through it methodically , the chances are their are likely a lot of issues that need to be tweeked or changed and they will pop right out at you, if you can give very detailed answers we will then be in a position to offer help. Is impossible to help you if you don't provide thorough details .

It may prove necessary to involve a reptile vet if your bearded dragon has serious health issues. Are you in a position to afford to take him to a good reptile vet should this prove necessary ?

hurricanev

Original Poster
Sorry ppl , 40 gallon tank, green carpet substrate, meals consist of raspberries, kale, cucumber, has a water dish and my temps are 95 and humidity 45.
Of course he is not eating right now and sleeps all the time with the occasional wake up, look around and right back to sleep.
Hope this helps
And yes a Vet is no problem

Chanza

Hatchling Member
Does he have insects apart of his diet? Also, having a water dish in your beardies enclosure can be very dangerous as they can fall in it during sleep and shock themselves with the change of tempature, your better off giving your beardie a drink by spraying water droplets near their mouth or with a syringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom