Breathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sometimes they do it after a big meal. Did he eat recently ? If it continues for more than a day it might be the beginning of an R.I

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah he did eat a bigger cricket , somehow got in the bunch and then i saw it was going to remove him from the tank but was already too late he got to him :lol: I keep the temperatures pretty well and the humidity is around 30%. I hope its not a R.I.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Keep it to a Minimum
Humidity that is low is best around 30% depending on where you live and where your dragon's enclosure is located in your home you can do different things to change your humidity levels. You don't want to have the humidity too high this can cause respiratory issues. Humidity is essential to dragons mainly because is aides is shedding.

Humidity Ideas
There are common ways to keep the humidity at the right levels. You can mist your dragon with water a few times a day, which will hydrate them as well. Be careful not to over do it, you do not want the cage so moist it fogs up as this can cause respiratory issues. Also a lot of owners keep water dishes in their dragons enclosures, which is a good practice especially with baby dragons. Keep in mind with water dishes they need to be cleaned daily as they will bathe in them and often defecate.

http://www.beardeddragonlady.com/humidity.html

I doubt its a R.I. since i keep the humidity fairly low. The most its gotten is 40% that's whenever i mist him like maybe 5 sprites.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
probably has the happy tummy and i don't know if it is some bearded dragons, but some like to hold their breath when they eat, but when they stop, they catch their breath, but that could have been my beardie. :)
I have to look at it again at my beardie again XDDD

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
BeardieLover232":kygvywbd said:
probably has the happy tummy and i don't know if it is some bearded dragons, but some like to hold their breath when they eat, but when they stop, they catch their breath, but that could have been my beardie. :)
I have to look at it again at my beardie again XDDD

Awe okay. Let me know if your beardie does that. I just hope its nothing serious. Right after he ate, he gulped down a bigger size cricket not really huge but you know a little bigger than the rest of the bunch so maybe he was trying to get it down. I hope that's all it was. More like irritation and then hes over it. I'll keep an eye on his breathing to make sure its nothing though. Btw, hes finally out of crickets so no more crickets. I have to time better to know when to order for the next batch and so forth :lol:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So he's not doing it anymore, it was just a passing thing. :) BTW, their humidity can go way higher than 30%. That was incorrect info. It's perfectly fine for it to be at 40-50%, even higher ....that is normal humidity in most parts of Australia where beardies are from.

Most respiratory infections are caused by temps. that are too low consistently which weakens the immune system, and sometimes high humidity along with it. Other dragons can aspirate water while being soaked.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks. It must be because i don't see him doing it lately least whenever I'm around or looking at him :lol: I figured the misting will help with his shedding that he is about to have on his tail plus help in case he is a bit dehydrated. I've seen some people on YouTube do this but we all have our opinions on some of the videos that people post on there so wanted to get your opinions and who have had beardies before and for along time. I have a really hot basking bulb and he can climb up to get to the hottest point that probably reaches to 120 degrees when left there over time. I don't drench his terrarium either leaving it soak/damp to collect bacteria i usually wipe down the tile but leave his branch / log wet in case he wants to rub against for shedding.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh yes, spraying them is fine....I raised tons of babies that way. They all drank from a spray bottle every day when they were little. And never had any problem shedding, so yes spraying is fine like you said as long as the tank is not all wet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom