Possible Female? Need input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have two juvenile bearded dragons. They are in separate tanks, but occasionally are near each other when I'm bathing them, feeding (sometimes), etc. Well, the larger juvenile frequently waves to the smaller bearded dragon when they happen to see each other. The smaller juvenile doesn't do anything when this happens, and I thought that usually the smaller bearded dragon would submit the larger. Could this mean that there's a possibility that the larger juvenile could be a female? I've tried glancing under their tails but I think they're still too small. But, I'm convinced that the larger dragon could be a female due to it's behavior. Any thoughts?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beardies of both sexes sometimes bob or wave, a behavior is not always specific to one gender.

I might be able to tell you what they are if you post pics of their vent [ rear end ] with their tails arched high in the air while they are flat on a table. Think of a dog with it's tail arched up high when it's excited....that's the position.

HoleeJuanCanoli

Original Poster
AHBD":1aupyw15 said:
Beardies of both sexes sometimes bob or wave, a behavior is not always specific to one gender.

I might be able to tell you what they are if you post pics of their vent [ rear end ] with their tails arched high in the air while they are flat on a table. Think of a dog with it's tail arched up high when it's excited....that's the position.

I'm not entirely sure how to post a picture on this. I uploaded it to my User Image Uploader. Let me see if I can figure this thing out.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you've uploaded it already, you can post it to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

HoleeJuanCanoli

Original Poster
AHBD":29uilyv7 said:

Whoops. I'm dumb lol. Here is Norbert. I've had him/her the longest. I'm not sure of the age. I don't have one of Odahviing mainly because right now I'm trying to help them get adjusted to their surroundings. I just recently got Odahviing so he's a little stressed right now and I don't want to make it worse on him/her.
88747-6153847999.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I also think it's a probable female but some males don't show bulges until they're a little [ and some show even younger than this one ] so if you want to post another pic on a month or so it may look different. But from that it so far appears to be a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom