Beardie Acting strangely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemiTheBeardie

Hello I am a very new bearded dragon owner(picked her up last week).
Her name is Demi and she has started acting very weirdly. She is 1 years old and is scaring the sh*t out of me.

She started off last week being active and climbing up on her tree but for the last few days she has been laying on the floor, she does get up and about to eat her food. It's almost as if she's sleeping through the day. I have read up about brumation but do not believe that is what is happening as she will just lay flat on the floor under neath the basking lamp.

Her eyes are open i'm just worried that i'm doing something wrong.

She has been given a bath and I give her water through a pipet. The tank that she's in is from the previous owner. Also I have ordered a new UVB and a better basking lamp incase they might be the problem I have also ordered Tiles for the flooring as she is on news paper at the moment.

I have only seen her in the cool side twice but she doesn't use her hide or cool off she will just open her mouth to cool down.

SHE IS LITERALLY SCARING ME TO DEATH!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Which lighting did you order for her? Usually improvements in lighting and heat gradients go a long way to helping them out. If you can provide details about her heat gradients and lighting I can help you make everything just right for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom