Bearded Dragon going nuts all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LC52

Hello all! I have a bearded dragon named Dovah who I got about 7 or so months ago and is probably about 8 months old now (probably about a month old when I got him/her). For about two days now I have had a problem where he has been going nuts all day, he has constantly had a black beard and has run around his/her tank and my house all day long when I take him out. When he runs around my house he constantly scratches the walls like he is trying to climb them. He/she has not brumated yet or does not have any symptoms of being gravid. Stool and eating seems to be regular. I have taken him/her outside several times and that has seemed to help a bit, the black beard goes away. He/she seems to be in good health and just had a vet checkup about a month ago. Not sure what to do, if anyone could give me any suggestions that would be great.

Here is my tank setup if anyone is wondering.
-Reptisun 10.0 T5 tube uvb light
-120 gallon tank L-4ft. D-2ft. H-2ft
-Basking Bulb which keeps the basking spot at about 100-103 degrees fahrenheit and the cool side at 85
-Tile as a substrate
-Other tank deco. such as a reptile hammock, hiding spot, and a few different pieces of wood.
-Food and water dishes

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep. Your best bet is to just keep letting him run around the house to burn off energy. There isn't much else to do except wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom