Semi brumation?! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steviex

Hello, I posted a few weeks ago and had concerns that my female beardie had gone off live food and was only eating her veggies.... thought she may be shedding, but not as yet! For the past 5 days, she has not basked at all unless I have lifted her up to her basking spot, which she will stay there for 30 mins max then go back in shade! She's sleeping most of the day and as I say only basks when I put her there. She has been off veggies, and been eating small amounts of locusts. She is only approx 10 month old. Temps are fine, no black beard, appears alert when she has warmed up! Could this be brumation? And should I be picking her up to make her bask? I just don't want her to loose weight, she has not pooped for 4 days either! But I guess no food, no poop. I have had her since march and I have never ever seen her drink, I have tried the dropper on her nose, she just does not lick it! Tried baths, running water, misting but never seen her drink! I'm getting worried now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom