Black, puffy beard- constant head bop

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Black, puffy beard- constant head bop

Postby Jcerva » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:12 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

My beardie has suddenly begun to continuously puff her beard, it changes to black, and she bops her head.
We can still pick her up and pet her, but she starts to run around a lot, jump, and climb random things.

She's normally very calm and will just relax on me. I've never seen her even have a black beard until now.

I'm worried ):
Jcerva
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Black, puffy beard- constant head bop

Postby BeardieLover232 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:23 pm

are you sure she is not a he ;) fast head bobbing, black beard, and jumpy sounds like a typical male. though, some female will turn their beard black when scared, sick or stress.
sometimes when beardies see there reflection they go crazy. Males will head bob fast and continually (i am surprised they are not sick from all of that bobbing) and females will head bob much slower! :)
Lizarto passed away may 21, 17
Squishy and Pebbles
BeardieLover232
Hatchling Poster

Postby Jcerva » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:51 am

We are tryijnf to confirm hahah at first we thought it was a he but after checking it looks like it's a she- still debating haha.

Thank you!
Jcerva
Newbie Poster

Postby bdelio » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:44 pm

This is my first time on a forum and I hope I'm on the right topic. So I have a bearded and i've had him for a year. I've seen his beard get black before as well as head bobbing but this is different. We brought home a baby Savannah monitor and put her tank across from his and now he's gone crazy. He's constantly running around his tank, bobbing his head like crazy and his beard is completely black almost all the time now. We are worried and could use some advice on what to do. We live in a small apt so there's really space to move the tanks
bdelio
Newbie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:16 pm

You will need to block the veiw so you dragon can not see the monitor at all. It is stressing him. Dragons are very territorial and, the monitor is in his territory.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior