Black, puffy beard- constant head bop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcerva

My beardie has suddenly begun to continuously puff her beard, it changes to black, and she bops her head.
We can still pick her up and pet her, but she starts to run around a lot, jump, and climb random things.

She's normally very calm and will just relax on me. I've never seen her even have a black beard until now.

I'm worried ):

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
are you sure she is not a he ;) fast head bobbing, black beard, and jumpy sounds like a typical male. though, some female will turn their beard black when scared, sick or stress.
sometimes when beardies see there reflection they go crazy. Males will head bob fast and continually (i am surprised they are not sick from all of that bobbing) and females will head bob much slower! :)

Jcerva

Original Poster
We are tryijnf to confirm hahah at first we thought it was a he but after checking it looks like it's a she- still debating haha.

Thank you!

bdelio

This is my first time on a forum and I hope I'm on the right topic. So I have a bearded and i've had him for a year. I've seen his beard get black before as well as head bobbing but this is different. We brought home a baby Savannah monitor and put her tank across from his and now he's gone crazy. He's constantly running around his tank, bobbing his head like crazy and his beard is completely black almost all the time now. We are worried and could use some advice on what to do. We live in a small apt so there's really space to move the tanks

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You will need to block the veiw so you dragon can not see the monitor at all. It is stressing him. Dragons are very territorial and, the monitor is in his territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom