My little guy isn't sitting in the heat in his tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carriesharing

The last 4 days my Jasper has been relocating to cool side of his enclosure. This would be okay if by moving to the cold side he was able to keep his body temperature but he is not keeping warm. I will pick him up to find he is cold. He also has had a decrease in appetite and is refusing to eat anything but live food. Mostly giant size super-worms. The occasional Dubai roach. Not a vegie one. So I quit feeding him live protein 2 days ago, He still will not eat greens and prefers the cold side of his enclosure, '

Anything? I have bathed him, rubbed his tummy, checked his body for injury or fungus. I can't find anything. Also he has begun to bury himself in the exo carpet. Like he is hold up for the winter but it is Spring. Thanks for your time, Jasper & Carrie

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
how hot is the basking area, dragons are weird; when something is to hot they will not get near the heat and rather stay in the cold side.
maybe he wants to get out. cause dragons can get bored too.
he could be a she. do you feel any bumps around the body like on the stomach and below.
probbly impacted, and maybe thirsty for water.
does your viv have a UVB?
i hope any of this helps :( poor lizard.

Carriesharing

Original Poster
Hi Beardielover232,
First off I am sorry to have read you recently lost Lizarto.
It means a great deal to me you took the time to post a reply for Jasper.
I think boredom may be his problem. He spent the day outside with me (with a basking light for him to use ) while I was gardening. He took a nice poop and was back to being his defiant little self.
Although he does not want to eat the fact that he pooped means he is eating whether he lets me know it or not.
I will keep an eye on him. He will be seeing greens, greens, greens for the next few days.
Thank you again, Carrie

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
aw, i am glad it nothing to big of issue, little Jasper just wants to do some fun stuff with you :)
you dragon must be trying to dig out of the tank but couldn't :) bearded dragons are strangle little guys, they do the most interesting things at times :)
Lizarto is in a better place now, she is kept in my heart and her ashes lay in a box on my shelf. she is a lovely dragon.
Jasper will aways be your #1 BFF and the one to always be there when you need him. no matter how much he tries to escape he loves you and will always look at you with "where is my food." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom