Aggressive beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
Tonight my rescue beardie showed aggressive behavior towards me. I went to turn off her light. And every night I talk to her and pet her. Tonight I put my hand out in front of her for her to recognize me. She licked my finger then opened her mouth and puffed up her beard. She is in shedding but her colors are bright yellow. No dark beard or anything. I don't understand where this aggression came from. She has never showed any kind of aggression before. After she did that I backed away and gave her space to not stress her out. But I don't know what to do from here.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Ashleymthornton1990":aftorkpd said:
Tonight my rescue beardie showed aggressive behavior towards me. I went to turn off her light. And every night I talk to her and pet her. Tonight I put my hand out in front of her for her to recognize me. She licked my finger then opened her mouth and puffed up her beard. She is in shedding but her colors are bright yellow. No dark beard or anything. I don't understand where this aggression came from. She has never showed any kind of aggression before. After she did that I backed away and gave her space to not stress her out. But I don't know what to do from here.

Not aggression at all , it's a beardie behavior know as throat stretching , and all beardies do it when coming up to a shed or when in shed, they do this to loose the old skin on their throats and beard spikes.

So you have no problem , he still likes you.... :)

Mysty

Juvie Member
Yeah, not aggression. Still, better safe than sorry so good idea to give space as you did until you can read beardie's behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom